Importing Data From A Tab Delimited Text File
Within PlayoutONE you have the ability to import data from a Tab Delimited File. This can be useful if you need to import data from another Automation or Music Scheduling system. To access the importer, right-click on the Media Finder->Import External Data
- Ensure that the file is Tab-Delimited format and that the file has column/field headers
- Select your file by from the Import File textbox.
- Click Analyse. This will analyse the file for its contents.
- Map each PlayoutONE Field to the relevant field in your File. Note, you must have at least the PlayoutONE UID field mapped to a relevant field in your file for PlayoutONE to import data.
- If you wish to only import/update carts that already existing in PlayoutONE, enable the option 'Only Import Items If UID Already Exists In The Audio Library' tick box.
- To import a file, you will need to specify the filename and map it to to the PlayoutONE Filename field. If this isn't a fully qualified path, then you will also need to specify the folder the files reside in. This can be set in the Audio Folder box.
- When all fields have been mapped, you can save this mapping as a preset by giving the mapping a name and clicking Save Profile. This allows you to re-call the mapping at a later time.
- To import the data, click Do Import