Swapping On Air Control Between Studios
Only one machine can ever be the 'on-air machine' at once, however, every PlayoutONE Pro machine can assume the on-air role. For the purpose of this example, we will call the current on-air machine O1 and the machine we wish to be the new on-air machine O2
- We recommend you perform this swap with more than 30 seconds left on the current playing item in O1
- Make sure that PlayoutONE is open on O2 and that you can play audio from it by dragging a piece of audio into one of the players. Eject it once check is complete.
- Take O1 out of Automation (if it is in Automation)
- Click on the next song to play in the Log on O2 and click the Off-Air button on the top of the PlayoutONE main program bar. This will prompt you to take On Air Control and sync the log, choose yes to both of these options. You will now see that O2 is on-air
- Once on-air control has been taken by O2, O1 will go off-air and place a stop chain on the current playing item.
- When O1 has finished playing the current item, press play in O2 to start the next item.
Need To Automate Swapping On Air Control?
See OnAir Swap command