Configuring LiveStream with PlayoutONEStreaming.com
This article helps you get connected to PlayoutONEStreaming.com. PlayoutONEStreaming.com is PlayoutONE's own streaming service. We provide Shoutcast and Icecast streams.
here is an example of the email sent out by PlayoutONEStreaming.com when your account is created.
This email will contain your account details:
Username: Used for logging into your Control Panel via login.playoutonestreaming.com. This username should not be entered into LiveStream.
The Control Panel will provide you with the following information:
- Current Listeners
- Played Tracks History
- Server Start and Stop Controls
- Plus many more
Admin Password: Used to login to the Control Panel with your username.
Encoder Password: Entered into LivestStream to make a connection with PlayoutONEStreaming.com.
Click the Add Encoder button.
this will open the Encoder Settings. Fill in the following details
- Description: Anything you wish
- Server Type: Shoutcast or Icecast (Depending on the server you asked for)
- Username: Blank for Shoutcast, 'source' for Icecast
- Server Hostname or IP: playoutonestreaming.com
- Port: As shown in your email from PlayoutONEStreaming.com
- Bitrate: As shown in your email from PlayoutONEStreaming.com
- SID / Mount: Use '1' for Shoutcast or /stream for Icecast
- Sample Rate: 44100
- Channels: Stereo
- Encoder Type: MP3
And that's it. The Station Details tab will need to be populated and if you're using an external DCS service.
When finished click Save
Flip that switch to On and you're on and broadcasting!
If you see a green icon on your Encoder and you see audio being passed through the bottom VU meter then you have successfully configured PlayoutONE LiveStream with PlayoutONEStreaming.com