Restoring or Backing Up A SQL Database Backup
You may be required at some point to restore a SQL Backup if you have accidentally lost data and want to restore your database to a previous time or are moving your database to a new computer. To restore a backup follow the instructions below:
Take A Backup
This can be achieved by either finding your latest backup in the SQL_Backups folder which is located in your data folder usually C:\PlayoutONE\Data
- Opening the PlayoutONE SQL Database Tool tool located in "C:\PlayoutONE\SQL_Configuration"
- Choose Backup from the three options.
- Select your database (usually PlayoutONE_Standard) from the DB To Backup dropdown list.
- Click Backup.
The backup will then be created in "C:\MsSQL"
Restore A Backup
- Ensure all PlayoutONE applications are closed
- Go to "C:\PlayoutONE\SQL_Configuration" and open the PlayoutONE SQL Database tool.
- Click Restore from the three options.
- Select the database to overwrite from the Restore Into DB dropdown list (usually PlayoutONE_Standard) or create a new database by typing the name of the new database.
- Select your backup file generated in Step1.
- Click Restore.