The Command Matrix allows you to map incoming commands from external services to PlayoutONE.
Adding a Command
|Enabled / Disabled||Required: Enables or Disables this particular command|
|Description||Required: Meaningful Description. For example, 'Play Legal ID'|
|Group||Optional: The Group the command belongs to. See Selective Mode|
|Stations||Required: The PlayoutONE Station the command should be actioned on|
|PC||Required: The Data Controller PC that the command will be actioned on|
|Incoming Command Service||Required: Where the incoming command is coming from|
|Incoming Command||Required: The command from the service to watch for|
|Outgoing Command Type|| Required: Choose an already built command in PlayoutONE (Predefined).
Build your own PlayoutONE command (Command)
or choose Passthrough (See Passthrough)
|Outgoing Command||The Outgoing Command|
|Settings||Settings for the command include the ability to set an alarm for if the command isn't received after a set period of time.|
|DayPart||Choose to only action this command based on the Daypart grid.|
Command Passthrough allows you to take an incoming command and pass it back out again. To set this up you need to follow the steps below
- For commands that are static and never change, simply change the command type in step 4 above to Passthrough.
- For commands that have dynamic content within them (Such as Now Playing Text) format the command as follows:
- Set the incoming command to be PASSTHROUGH
- Format the command sent to Data Controller as follows:
For example, PASSTHROUGH|COM-A|Now Playing.. Rolling Stone - Satisfaction, will send Now Playing.. Rolling Stones - Satisfaction to the COM-A port.
- Add &CMD= to the command to ignore the service.